If you’re anything like me, you’ve seen Star Wars scores of times.
How much of the films can you quote? Probably quite a bit.
What about the Gospel? Do you know the story* of Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection?
Over the years, I have read the whole Bible through a number of times. I don’t say it to brag, since there are people who read through the whole thing every year and have done so for years.
Whether you have read the whole Bible or only just a little, we need to know how to tell the Gospel story*.
- There is a God and we are not Him. (Exodus 20:2-7)
- God created the universe and all that is in it. (Genesis 1)
- Creation rebelled against God and created separation. (Genesis 3)
- God sent His Son, Jesus of Nazareth, to earth to bridge that separation. (John 3:16-21).
- Jesus was born of a virgin. (Isaiah 7:14 and Matthew 1:18)
- Jesus lived a perfect live. (2 Corinthians 5:21 and 1 John 3:5)
- Jesus died a horrible death on a cross. (Matthew 27:32-56 and Philippians 2:8)
- Jesus was raised to life on the third day. (1 Corinthians 15:4 and Acts 10:40)
- Whoever puts their trust in Him, will be saved.(John 3:15 and Romans 10:11 )
- Those who reject Jesus, will not get into heaven. (John 14:6)
These 10 points are easy to remember and are straight forward enough to create a conversation.
* While I use the word story, I mean a report or account of a matter; statement(http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/story), I’m giving an account of the events of Jesus’ life- an actual person.